Standards and Protocols
1. The NHS Newborn Hearing Screening Programme Quality Standards
The NHSP Programme Centre is responsible for setting and resetting the national Quality Standards (QS) which cover the entire care pathway.
The purpose of the quality standards is to outline the minimum family friendly standards expected to ensure that:
- Families are able to make informed choices about screening uptake
- Screening and diagnostic services are effective and carried out to a high standard
- Results are communicated to parents/guardians effectively
- Families are given comprehensive support post-diagnosis
- Responsibilities for recording and reporting performance are clear
Click here to access the NHSP Quality Standards
2. NHSP Protocols & Guidance
The NHSP has targets, national protocols and guidance that span the entire patient care pathway.
These have been developed to support babies and their families, and the teams working within the NHSP and include: