Conferences & Events
One of the major strategic aims of the NHS Newborn Hearing Screening Programme in England is 'to be recognised as the world's leading hearing screening programme'. The Programme Director, Deputy and members of the NHSP Programme Centre work towards this aim by contributing to national and international events, and conferences.
Click the title to access:
1. UK NSC Conferences and Events
Please note that most events are run by the UK NSC Director's team in their role of supporting the English screening programmes (though representatives from the other UK countries are always welcome to attend). The scope of each event should be clear but please contact us if you need any more information about who an event is aimed at.
Click here for further information relating to UK NSC conferences and events.
2. National Audiology Conference: 7 July 2010
The National Audiology Conference is taking place from 10.00 - 16.00 on Wednesday 7 July 2010 in The Brewery, Chiswell Street, London EC1Y 4SD.
The central theme of the conference is Leadership - Quality - Productivity.
At the conference, you will learn first hand from NHS Improvement and the pilot sites who have been working with them about the evidence based good practice strategies and quality gains they have demonstrated and which can be adopted across all services.
You will also have an opportunity to hear about other work in the national audiology programme including:
- embedding a quality framework underpinned by a robust accreditation programme. This builds on the QET and your enthusiastic adoption of this quality, service led improvement tool evidences the improvements in services for patients which you have put in place
- how strategic leadership for audiology services is being developed through the DH Clinical Champions in Audiology and how the Clinical Audiology Leads (appointed in some SHAs) are driving local service developments and providing strategic leadership across the audiology community
- the new procurement strategy and the innovative hearing aid technologies which will be available through the new contract.
The conference will blend plenary presentations with interactive workshop sessions to give you an opportunity for intensive learning, and sharing and discussion of good practice ideas.
For further information please see 'National Audiology Programme' or contact Abigail Saffer or Julia Maier-McAlpine.
To register please visit www.venueandhotelservices.com
3. Video recordings from the PAIG Conference May 2010
The recordings of the morning speakers from the 10th PAIG conference 'ANSD - Is the Message getting Through?' held in Sheffield, May 2010 are available below thanks to Chris Cartwright, Education & Training Manager, Phonak UK.